Frederick L. "Chip" Cooper
► ► ► SaaS PROVIDERS: You know how frustrating it is to control your liability exposure particularly with GDPR, and close SaaS deals fast without getting bogged down with endless negotiations?
I help clients implement the required documents and compliance strategies with confidence.
There is a single, specific (yet safe) - slightly unconventional approach you can take to alleviate your concerns. About Me as Your Influencer Compliance Attorney:✔ Founder, CEO: FTC Guardian.com FTC Compliance Training Platform✔ Top Attorney Rating, Martindale.com - AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated✔ Developer, FTC Compliance Certification Course for Digital Advertising Agencies
- Adjunct Professor, Software Law, Wake Forest University School of Law, 1986 - 2007
- University of Georgia Graduate School of Business, 1970-71
- Wake Forest University, JD 1971
- Wake Forest University, BA 1968
- AV Rating, Martindale.com
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo.com
- Software Distribution: How to Develop a Successful Marketing Plan, SoftChannel Press, 1991
- Law and the Software Marketer: How to Develop a Legal Protection Game Plan, Prentice Hall Publication, 1988
Sharp as a whip, yet humble. High integrity.
I've worked with Chip now for 17 years, since my first startup in 1997. He's hard working, knows technology law from the bottom-up and the top-down. Keeps it simple and straight, yet can deal with very complex issues. I have recommended him to many companies, and continue to recommend him. Alex Eckelberry, President GFI Software (formerly Sunbelt Software).
Chip is a no-nonsense attorney that helped us during an $11M forward triangular merger and negotiated a large cash component. He has a Colombo-style inquisitiveness that gets to the bottom of every deal. Great to have him on your side. Klaus Obermeier PhD, CEO, Iotronics Corporation
Best I've worked with in my 30 years!
I've worked with many attorneys over 30+ years in the software and technology business and overall Chip is the best. He is expert in his knowledge of software contracts and my trusted counsel not only helping us close business, but also in ensure we have the knowledge needed to manage and develop our company according to our needs and desires. Chip does this not by simply offering "data," but taking the time to know and to understand us. Therefore he offers us more than advice, it is wisdom. Chip is a key part of my advisory team and I look forward to working with him for many years (and if necessary many companies) into the future. Keith Okano, President, Bridgeway Software, Inc.
Software license agreements / Intellectual property
I have known Chip for several years. He has helped our companies with developing our Software License Agreements, consulted with us on various matters when customers want to change the Agreement and other various matters regarding our Intellectual Property. Chip gets right to the point and has a deep understanding of business issues, is very practical and does not complicate things. He is a joy to work with and I highly recommend him. Tom Johnson, President, Papersoft, Inc.
SaaS agreements and Policies
I consulted Chip Cooper on intellectual property, licensing, SaaS agreements and website legal compliance. I found Chip to be friendly, professional and a person to work with, I would recommend Chip to anyone looking for legal expertise to addressed the issues for legal compliance and protection. Maurizio Taverna, CEO, Mylaensys, LLC
Click here to connect with Chip Cooper, SAAS Attorney on LinkedIn.
Recognized by The Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of Atlanta's Top Law Firms
Why Choose Us?
- UNLIKE MANY LARGE LAW FIRMS WITH WHOM WE COMPETE, WE DO NOT OVERSTAFF OUR ENGAGEMENTS OR STAFF THEM WITH INEXPERIENCED LAWYERS. INSTEAD, WE STAFF OUR ENGAGEMENTS WITH SEASONED, EXPERIENCED LAWYERS; RESULT - MANY ENGAGEMENTS REQUIRE A SINGLE ATTORNEY TO GET THE JOB DONE
- MORE AFFORDABLE FEE STRUCTURE
- MORE RESPONSIVE REPRESENTATION